FREE Summer Arts Classes Taught by Madison Artists - Apply Now!
Are you looking for fun summer programming to engage and inspire your student? The MMSD Summer Arts Academy “Community Seat” program offers an innovative way for students to be involved in diverse arts experiences - and it’s free for families! Your student can discover new interests or take their skills to the next level.
Seven Madison-area arts organizations have reserved spaces just for MMSD students to participate in their summer programs. Research has shown that participating in educational arts experiences has a positive impact on students’ academic and social-emotional outcomes. Programs are offered for a variety of age groups, and run at different times throughout the summer.
To be considered for the Community Seats program, families must apply by Tuesday, May 23. Please review the Summer Arts Academy webpage for more details.
Participating arts organizations include:
- Madison Circus Space - Circus Camp (Ages 6-11)
- The House, Inc - Dance Camp (Ages 7+)
- Black Star Drum Line - Drum Line (Ages 8-18)
- Drum Power - Dance and Drumming Camp (Ages 10+)
- Madison Ballet/Lussier Community Center - Beginning ballet (Ages 10-18)
- Madison Youth Choirs: Choir Camp (Current 5th - 8th grade students)
- Madison College: Technical Theater (Current 8th - 11th grade students)
We are excited to offer this free program to families – remember, applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on May 23!